Saturday, April 16, 2011

I was so lucky to be able to get one of the Scraps of Darkness Foundations kit this month

I am loving this kit. There are so many fun things to play with :) Especially the awesome Bo Bunny Timepiece paper. Here is my first layout with the kit. It is one of my dh when he was little. I played around with a lot of different techniques with this one. See the closeups below.

Here is close up of my homemade flowers. The one up top and the one to the left were made out of a courdory hem from a pare of pants that were to long on me. I misted them heavily with some Glimmer Mist, Tim Holtz gear stencils and then splattered some alcohol ink here and there. The rose in the lower right is something I learned how to make at my local Archivers.

The metal background is 10 second studios slate colored metal that I embossed using the Tim Holtz Cracked Emobssing folder. Then I added Espresso, Cranberry, Gold, and Ginger Alcohol ink. Around the edges I also used some Black Soot Distress Powder (with lots of distress ink too of course). The title is made from the Crowded Attic Tim Holtz Salvage Stickers (also part of the Scraps of Darkness kit). These stickers are awesome!!! Great selection. I used Crackle Accents and Alcohol Ink to highlight the letters a little.

And, last but not least another of my favorite embellies... Dusty Attic!!! I did a lot to these. First I used some smooch paint to add some different colors. I added the black card stock to try to make them standout as doors a little better. Then I used Crackle Accents and Black Magic Glimmer Mist. Almost forgot... Inside the center emblem area I also used Scattered Straw distress stickles.

 Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

background