Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Steampunk - work in progress

Here is where I am at so far. I was hoping to get further today but work was crazy and as you can see by the picture at the bottom of this post I had troubles with my homework ;)

Start of inside for steampunk domino mini book. Oh... and that green punch at the top is my new favorite punch. I am using it to try to make some steampunky flowers.

Here is what I have so far... What do you think? The two pinkish, orangy ones towards the top are using my glossy accents, alcohol ink, glimmer mist discovery with the exception that I switched out the glossy accents for crackle accents. Next one down with the turquoise gem on top was an accident (it got stuck in with my glossy accent attempt...). Next one on the left with the philips type screw is my glossy accents, alcohol ink, glimmer mist discover with the exception that I switched glossy accents for Rock Candy Stickles. And last but not least, the one at the bottom which isn't really steampunky at all is card stock that I added metal tape to and then embossed. After embossing I added some alcohol ink and glossy accents. Let me know if you think you'd like a tut for any of this. It is all just experimentation :) so fun...

Here is the culprit for a less than optimally productive evening... I was trying to do homework and my little monkey decided it was time for attention instead...

Thanks for stoppin' by :D

1 comment:

  1. I love those accidents that happen that make something better! I love those flowers so much!!