Saturday, April 30, 2011

Uplifting Religious Arch for a Friend

This is an Arch I made for a swap that Martica was having. This particular arch is for Irma (ThrowsScraps). I tried to go with a religious/uplifting type of theme.

The arch itself is just a shape that I cut out on chipboard and then glued paper to it and then embellished to my hearts content. I did some braiding along the fold areas for more support and just to add a little flair ;) I used a lot of my Plaid Liquid Embossing stuff on this one for all the images that you see that are shiny. Those are just pics I printed on regular paper.


Here is the inside of the arch. I did a lot of repurposing of items. The cross was actually a pin that I snipped the pin part off of with some wire cutters. I was hoping my crop-a-dile would be strong enough to make wholes in the coins but it wasn't, so... I glued chain around the outside of them and added some jump rings and hooked them up to some Tim Holtz swivel clasps. The angel to the lower, left of the cross was a pin too.


Thanks for looking! It was a lot of fun to make and almost kind of hard to part with...

No comments:

Post a Comment

background